Monday 24 August 2009

The hidden cracks of oblivion


Oh, dear, I'm a blogger,

Won't be the first and shan't be the last.


Where to start, how?


How should I call my blog?


Decisions, decisions...


I grab one of my poems and borrow one of the closing lines.


THE HIDDEN CRACKS OF OBLIVION.


Done.


Are you sitting comfortably? Let's begin...


GROUND ZERO + 47


Time calls

For a Spring clean.


All bad moments

Frozen by the Winter air,

Laid out

In the open.


Bare.


Time calls

For a Spring clean.


Broom and bucket,

Out on a fair,

Not a second longer

To be spared.


Time calls

For a Spring clean.


One of those

That’s after those figments of the past

That did not find

The comfort of perdition.


Like

Bad memories that

Turned to dust.


Or stagnant whispers

That seep through

The hidden cracks of oblivion.


© Jesús Montero


No comments:

Post a Comment